On this page, you can find further technical details about SURPRISE.
We provide regular updates, with summaries from our meetings, public summaries of our deliverables and all other material that can help you to learn about the research and innovation going on within our ambitious project.
SURPRISE Overviews / Updates
- SURPRISE overview at project outset / Kick Off meeting – download here SURPRISE_ProjectStart_KickOff
- SURPRISE video – SURPRISE at 6 months – watch it here
- SURPRISE overview at 12 months – download here SURPRISE_Update_Year1
- SURPRISE video – The SURPRISE research into action – watch it here
SURPRISE deliverables – summaries
- SURPRISE User Requirements – Summary: SURPRISE_D2.1_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE Preliminary algorithm – Summary: SURPRISE_D5.1_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE Detailed Design Report – Summary: SURPRISE_D4.3_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE Detailed Evaluation Report – Summary: SURPRISE_D4.4_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE Test Plan Report – Summary: SURPRISE_D4.5_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE SLM Prototype Report – Summary: SURPRISE_D3.1_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE Optical Assembly – Summary: SURPRISE_D6.1_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE Sync Electronics Board and Data Handling System – Summary: SURPRISE_D6.2_D6.4_DeliverableSummary
- SURPRISE Scanning System and Test Equipment (OGSE) – Summary: SURPRISE_D6.3-D6.5_Deliverable Summary
Our partners have been busy letting the scientific community know about the project. Here are titles of the publications we have so far – full publications are made available for download when possible.
- Raimondi, V. et al. (SURPRISE Consortium), “THE SURPRISE DEMONSTRATOR: A SUPER-RESOLVED COMPRESSIVE INSTRUMENT IN THE VISIBLE AND MEDIUM INFRARED FOR EARTH OBSERVATION”. ESA OBPDC conference (21-23/09/2020 – virtual) – PUBLISHED (download the article here SURPRISE_PaperOBPDC_2020)
- Raimondi, V. et al. (SURPRISE Consortium), “SPATIAL LIGHT MODULATOR-BASED ARCHITECTURE TO IMPLEMENT A SUPER-RESOLVED COMPRESSIVE INSTRUMENT FOR EARTH OBSERVATION”. IGARSS 2021 (11-16/07/2021, Brussels, Belgium) – – PUBLISHED (download the article here SURPRISE_PaperIGARSS_2021)
- Magli, E. et al, “COMPRESSIVE IMAGING AND DEEP LEARNING BASED IMAGE RECONSTRUCTION METHODS IN THE SURPRISE EU PROJECT”, 2nd European Workshop on On-Board Data Processing – OBDP 2021 (14-16/06/2021, Virtual) – PUBLISHED (download the article here SURPRISE_PaperOBDP2021)
- Raimondi, V. et al. (SURPRISE Consortium), COMPRESSIVE SENSING INSTRUMENTAL CONCEPTS FOR SPACE APPLICATIONS. SPIE Photonics Europe 2022 (3-7/04/2022, Strasbourg, France) – PUBLISHED (download the article here SURPRISE_PhotonicsEurope2022)
- Cilia, M., Prette, N., Valsesia, D., Bianchi, T., Magli, E., “DEEP LEARNING METHODS FOR SATELLITE COMPRESSIVE IMAGING”. 8th European Workshop on On-Board Payload Data Compression – OPBDC 2022 (28-30/09/2022, Athens, Greece) – ACCEPTED (publication will be available for download soon!)
- Migliorati, A., Valsesia, D., Bianchi, T., Magli, E., ” JOINT SUPER-RESOLVED COMPRESSIVE SENSING AND ENCRYPTION FOR EARTH OBSERVATION APPLICATIONS”. 8th European Workshop on On-Board Payload Data Compression – OPBDC 2022 (28-30/09/2022, Athens, Greece) – ACCEPTED (publication will be available for download soon!).
SURPRISE Engagement Webinar
Our first engagement webinar was organised in September 2020, with representatives from 3 National Space Agencies and Offices and participation of our User Community Panel members: Raffaele Vitulli and Alessandro Zuccaro Marchi from ESA-ESTEC and Roberto Bonsignori from EUMETSAT. You can read the Webinar report here SURPRISE_WebinarReport_200910.